My Tweets

Thursday, January 15, 2009

Brave Souls

I just came across these pictures of the brave souls who rode the New Year's Day ride around the lake. Looks like I'm feeling good in one and not so good in another. The guy in the 4th picture down (on the Litespeed) reminds me of something I read recently on Paul K's blog:

"BEWARE THE REALLY TAN GUY ON A BIKE THAT LOOKS OLD AND RATTY AS IF IT HAS OVER 15,000 MILES ON IT." I eventually found out that the old guy with the old bike was tan (from riding his bike outside constantly) and the reason the bike looked as if it had 15,000 miles on it was...uhhh...because it had 15,000 miles on it.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Carolina John said...

Looks like a fun ride! too much rain will get you every time.

Toby Porter said...

Funny Masone bought that bike back in the late 90s. He was also running 28c tubulars for the extra resistance.

Mendy said...

Looked like it was pouring or was it just after the rain. Looks cold too, Nick. Nice job.