My Tweets

Monday, September 22, 2008

There is no “I” in team.

But there is me. On a team (a relay team). In the Half.

After my run Thursday which ended in me hobbling back to my truck trying not to bend at the knee, I came to the conclusion that I needed to follow the orthopedist’s advice and take a few weeks off running to let the tendonitis in my IT band heal, once and for all (hopefully). So on my drive back to work I called my friend Slick Douglass and told him that I was up for doing the Half as part of a relay team. Together with another FCA Endurance teammate, Anna Lee, we are going to be a big factor in the relay division race this year with Slick doing the swim, me on the bike and Anna Lee running the half marathon.

It’s not what I had envisioned for this race, but I think it’s going to be a lot of fun and certainly less stressful than worrying about my knee acting up during the race. I’m really looking forward to it. As a side benefit, I get to hammer the bike course without regard for having anything left in the tank afterward. That should make for an intense 56 miles!

Good luck to all who are racing. I'll be cheering you through your run!

4 comments:

Wes said...

Excellent! See ya Sunday!

Kevin said...

Sounds like a good decision. See ya there

Anonymous said...

That was a GREAT bike Nick! How's the IT band feeling this week?

Mendy said...

David told me about you having to bail out of the half and do a relay. Hope it went well for you, Nick. Hang in there and heal up fast!